Friday, June 18, 2010

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.




This is America, is it not? Do we, or do we not still have those inalienable constitutional rights, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?



When did my rights all of a sudden become life, liberty, and make sure the deadbeat who won't work, has no sense of shame or honor, who quit school, decided to sell drugs, or use drugs has a happy life? I mean where in the constitution does it say that it is my obligation to support and make sure this degenerate is happy? Who said my money is your money? If I want to give my money, or some of my money to help someone out, it should be my decision, and mine alone to do so.


" I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and became poorer. And the contrary, the less that was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer." (Benjamin Franklin)


There should be no raising of taxes, to provide for those who have chosen not to provide for themselves. In my small city, there are housing projects. These housing projects were established many years ago. The idea behind them, was to provide low-income housing until these people could get educated, get working, and move out on their own, and lead productive lives. The entire Affirmative Action Program was touted as "A hand up, not a hand out." Obviously, that was a ploy to begin the redistribution of wealth in this country. Since the 1960's there have been generations of families living in these housing projects, sucking off the system. In the 60's I was in Vietnam, I came home, I found a job, and have been working and paying taxes ever since. By the same token, poor and uneducated families moved into the housing projects, during that same time period. Needless to say, many never left the projects, they had children who now reside in the projects, and they have grandchildren now living in the projects, with babies of their own. Is there no honor or sense of shame among these parasites? I know I'm going to get flack about this, but someone tell me, why are these people and their children, and grandchildren not out working? Don't tell me it's because they are uneducated. Because if they are uneducated, it is of their own volition. The same schools are provided in this city for all the children, there is no discrimination between the races, or ethnicity in our school system, there is NO excuse, other than one, which is most obvious. If you don't know what that is, I'm going to tell you. The problem is; it is easier to let the hard working, tax paying citizens pay the way for these self-imposed project people, and they know it, and they have been, and are still taking advantage of it. In essence, it isn't even their fault, it is society's fault. Giving the free ride, keeps these people enslaved, and poor. They do not have to be poor, but society has made them feel that they, for some ungodly reason have a right to remain poor. One of things I find alarming, is that many project people are quite comfortable in their poverty. But, understand that many seem to have enough money to enable every family member over the age of ten, to have a cell phone, and an ipod, hundred dollar a pair sneakers, fifty dollar fall off the butt styling jeans, and drive some pretty nice cars, you know, all of the necessities of life. Now don't get me wrong, I do not begrudge these people these items. What does bother me is that many do not work to earn these things, these items are paid for through redistribution of wealth programs, in other words, tax dollars.


It is not my intention to have the genuinely poor and indigent thrown out into the cold. It is my intention, to have some enforceable restrictions on people whose chosen career is to live off government assistance. To live in government assisted housing, all children in the family should be required to complete 12 years of school, and graduate. Once graduated from High School, they must become gainfully employed, and move from the project household within six months, unless they attend a verified higher education facility. Semi-annual checks and evaluations on these project families, to assure compliance must be made, and violating families must be evicted within the month, no exceptions. It is past time to hold these people accountable for themselves.


This country hasn't been a discriminatory country for many, many years. Continuation of entitlements to self-imposed non-productive members of society, must for the good America be stopped.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments about any of my posts. Your constructive criticism is always welcome.