History tells us that Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Who is playing the fiddle today? Society is, that's who. Is society not totally preoccupied and distracted with cell phones, emails, texting, video games, facebook friends and all those modern gadgets that keep us dumbed down and oblivious to what is actually going on in the world around us? When was the last time you actually talked or wrote a hand written letter to a distant friend or family member? It's been a long time, hasn't it? Today's society is to preoccupied to notice that it's civilization is crumbling around them. Ears are closed as we listen to our ipods, eyes are blind as we look down into our iphones, senses are dulled as we play three dimensional games on the xbox, sensitivity has been dulled and calloused because, our world is no longer real. The self indulgent realm of unreality, has become society's new reality. Make no mistake, the forces of darkness and evil are manipulating the future of man and mankind. Iniquity has become the norm, the new morality is to have no morality at all. If you think Satan's hand is not on society's shoulder, think again.
Through Holy Bible scripture we are warned to watch for signs. Here is a sign that has recently come on the scene that many people, Christians and Agnostics and Atheists alike are not paying much attention to. What does the word "ethanol" say to you? The following are 18 signs that a terrible global food crisis will soon be upon us:
1. According to the World Bank, 44 million people around the globe have been pushed into extreme poverty since June of 2010.
2. One third of the earth's crop land is losing topsoil faster than the other two thirds can replenish it through natural processes.
3. Due to United States ethanol subsidies, almost one third of all corn grown in America is now used for fuel. (we're burning not only our food, but food we once supplied to feed the hungry around the world.)
4. Due to lack of water in the Middle-East, they are almost 100% dependent upon outside sources for food staples. It is estimated that by the year 2012, Saudi Arabia will have NO more wheat production of their own. (What do you think that situation will do to the price of crude oil for America)?
5. In the United States, the Ogallala Aquifer is being systematically depleted, if that happens, America's Breadbasket would soon be another dust bowl.
6. Diseases such as UG99 (wheat rust) are wiping out huge segments of the world's food supply.
7. Since the tsunami and subsequent release of radio activity, Japan's limited agricultural areas have been rendered unusable for farming and is now considered uninhabitable. That could easily send the worlds third largest economy into disastrous collapse.
8. The price of imported oil the U.S. has to pay, will directly have a negative effect on this nations food supply, and production. The entire agricultural economy of America is dependent on the ready supply of petroleum. Fuel is required for everything from running farm equipment to truck deliveries of food to local super markets.
9. According to scientists at the Global Phosphorus Research Initiative, the world will not have enough phosphorus to meet agricultural demand within 30 years. That means a shortage of fertilizer.
10. Inflation will soon devastate the global food market, countries like India are already experiencing an inflation rate in excess of 18%.
11. As of February 2011, the UN has determined that global food prices have reached an all time high, and they're still climbing.
12. In the last 12 months, the price of groceries in America has already risen over 36%.
13. The commodity price of wheat has doubled since summer of 2010.
14. The commodity price of corn has also doubled during this same time period.
15. The commodity price of soy beans has also doubled in the time period.
16. This year, 2011 there are approx. 3 billion people living on the equivalent of $2.00 per day.
17. In 2011, revolutions have swept across almost all the the countries in the Middle-East, and the United States has gotten involved in a civil war in Libya. Europe is on the verge of financial collapse and the U.S. dollar is about to be replaced by another currency as the "world reserve currency". All of these things have a devastating effect on global food production.
18. There are already rumors of food shortages at some of the largest suppliers of emergency food in the United States.
I know, all you have to do is go into a Kroger, Walmart, Safeway or Sam's Club store and you will see there are food shelves packed from floor to ceiling, so what's the problem, why the doom and gloom? So here's a point to ponder: Before the quake and tsunami hit Japan, every store was packed to the gills, just like our stores here in America. After the tsunami the remaining stores were literally emptied of every foodstuff and survival item within hours. A climatic disaster could hit America the same way. How many stores in the town you live might be decimated if a flood of the tsunami magnitude should occur? What would you do? Are you prepared for the darkness that will come, even if there is no cataclysmic disaster? Has your church started a food bank for it's congregation? Have you stored any food of your own? How can you help others, if you haven't prepared yourself?
Yes, we may well be in the beginning of a new dark age. This winter, what will you do when you can no longer afford to heat your home? What will you do when the darkness overtakes the light? That time is coming, the coming of a "great falling away" is presently at hand.
Repentence, prayer and revival is necessary for our land to be healed. Prayers are not heard if repentence is not made. Take your eyes from the ipad, your ears from the ipod. Look for the signs and listen for the trumpet.
God Help Us