Friday, January 8, 2010

LEAVE SHERIFF JOE ALONE!!!


HEADLINE-Friday, January 8, 2010: Arizona Sheriff Investigated by Federal Grand Jury

Surprise, surprise, a Federal Grand Jury investigating Sheriff Joe Arpaio. I saw the headline, and I didn't even have to ask myself, wonder who the Sheriff is? I knew right away, it must be Joe Arpaio. Sheriff Joe is by far the most respectable and respected Sheriff in the nation, at least in my book. He has the guts, and wear-with-all to take on the federal government. Is it any wonder that the Feds, will now try to intimidate this lawman of lawmen?
I had to laugh when I read this in the article: " Critics allege that some of Arpaio's deputies racially profiled people during immigration sweeps." What a stupid and plain ignorant accusation!!! I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Lets just pick this apart, shall we? If you are in law enforcement, and you are engaged in an immigration sweep, hunting for illegal immigrants, would you not be searching for immigrants from a particular place, country, origin? Would they not be of Mexican decent if they are from Mexico? Would they not be conversing in their native language? Would they not be hiding, instead of walking out in the open? I'm sorry, but I don't see a racial profiling problem here. Given the circumstances of the very Immigration Sweep itself, if you are searching for illegal Mexican immigrants, would you be looking in the penthouse suite at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel? No, you would not. If it were Mexican nationals, would you be searching the homes of Caucasians, probably not. Would you be going into predominantly Hispanic neighborhoods, yes you would. That my friends is not racial profiling, it's good police work, period. If the states that border Mexico could depend on the Federal Government to do their job, Sheriff Joe Arpaio's department of deputies wouldn't have to be doing it for them. Hypothetically, if I told the police that it was a white man, with blond hair and blue eyes, 6'2" 210 lbs, and spoke with a British accent. I would not expect the police to go into a Hispanic neighborhood rousting Mexican immigrants, or into a black neighborhood rousting black men. I would expect them to use the (God forbid I use the word) PROFILE, I provided them with, to find and arrest the law breaker. I really don't care what the ACLU says, I am in favor, and I fully support PROFILING, whether it be racial or otherwise, if the end result is the arrest and capture of someone breaking the law, or who has broken the law. An illegal immigrant, from any country, and that includes Mexico is breaking the law, just by entering our country without the proper permission. That's a fact, look it up. We have Immigration Laws on the books, what we need are more lawmen like Sheriff Joe Arpaio to enforce those laws.
I am sure that if this country doesn't begin "profiling", and soon, we will be devastated by another terrorist attack that will make 9/11 look like a church social. It will be a very sad day indeed. Knowing that we were afraid to step on a few toes, afraid to offend some nationality, our fear to venture into being Politically Incorrect, was the cause of the deaths of thousands more innocent civilians on our own soil. The oath has been taken by President Obama, all members of Congress and Senate, "to protect the American people". They will be held accountable if they do not use all sources at their disposal to carry out that oath. They will not only answer to the American people, but they will answer to a much higher authority, they will answer to God.
Sheriff Joe Arpaio, you have my 100% support, and prayers. God Bless Men Like You!!!!
To put mildly let's just say: " Caminatas como un pato, y negosiaciones como un pato, y parecer un pato." If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and talks like a duck," get my drift???


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments about any of my posts. Your constructive criticism is always welcome.