Friday, October 4, 2013

WHAT DOES NON-ESSENTIAL MEAN TO YOU? IT MEANS UNNECESSARY TO ME...

Michelle:  " Oooohhh yummy, Let's not show this to the school lunch program students."

 
  So, I've read that due to this partial government shutdown, some 800,000 non-essential government workers have been furloughed.  My previous research tells me that our government employs upwards of 12,000,000,000 (that's 12 million) people, and I'm hoping that includes military personnel.  For an over-bloated national employer, I'm surprised that they were only able to label 800,000 as non-essential.  Be that  as it may, 800,000 non-essential workers is still at the very least a staggering number.  If given the opportunity I'll bet I could find at the very least in excess of a million non-essential government workers.  In my book, the word non-essential means "not needed or unnecessary, maybe even of little usability."     So, if you have 800,000 unnecessary positions and those are filled with 800,000 unnecessary employees, does that spell wasted taxpayer funds, or not???  I think it does.  
  When I was in the Marine Corps, it was Marines that worked in the mess halls, we took turns and rotated in and out of mess duty.  There was an MOS for cooks, and mess men.  We had Mess Sergeants and NCOs carrying out the responsibility of feeding the other Marines on base and off base.  My understanding is that there are civilian cooks and mess personnel doing the work that already well paid military personnel should be doing.  During my tour of duty in Vietnam, we Marines rotated on and off mess duty.  So what happened?  Did the military suddenly go soft after Vietnam?  It is my understanding that just about every military base, regardless of branch of service employs civilian personnel to handle the PX, BX, Base grocery exchanges of all types.  Am I to assume that mess duty is above the job scope of military personnel?  If it is, it shouldn't be, not even on a good day.  Civilian cooks, janitorial services, etc., etc. are non-essential and never should have been outsourced to civilians in the first place.  
  I do feel sorry for those non-essential government workers who have been furloughed, everyone should be able to work and make a living.  But not on the taxpayer's dime.  
  I'm going to put myself out on a limb here, by showing that picture I borrowed from another conservative website, but I'll bet both of the Obama chefs are still working in the White House, and the president and his family still have no idea where the bread and butter is kept in the White House kitchen.  Well, I take that back, I'm pretty sure Mrs. Obama knows where the chefs keep the butter.
  Someone check things out at Camp David, dollars to donuts that master caddie who keeps Obama's golf cart running smoothly has been just recently promoted too "essential personnel".  
  When I first heard that the government had to furlough/layoff 800,000 non-essential employees, I couldn't help but ask myself how many private corporations employ that many non-essentials?  I never, ever in my military or civilian careers worked in an over staffed unit, or office, or industrial line.  Everywhere I ever worked, everyone was an essential part of the workplace.  I have never worked anywhere where the owners offered me one of those full pay non-essential positions.  
  Right now, without all those non-essentials, the government seems to be running just fine.  This game the president is playing closing national parks, war memorials, libraries, etc., is just that, a game-plan to punish those who disagree with his agenda.  There is no doubt that most if not all of these furloughed government workers will be back on the non-essential rolls, doing non-essential jobs, with full back pay, and once again on the taxpayer's dime.  
  Allow me to pose this question:  What is the difference between taxpayer funded welfare, food stamps and basically unlimited unemployment benefit checks, and paying non-essential government employees to do non-essential government jobs?  The answer is "there is no difference."!!!
  I am hoping that when this Obama crisis is over, that some government official will offer me a non-essential position, doing a non-essential job, perhaps something I can just stay home and pretend to do, at full pay of course and maybe a pension for my wife.  I am almost 65, but I'll be happy to give up my Social Security for a lifetime paycheck of $75,000.00 and a full pay pension for my wife after I'm gone. 
  We are in the middle of a stand-off in this nation.  The President refuses to negotiate unless all his demands and mandates are met.  That is not the definition of negotiation, it is the definition of a tyrannical dictator forcing his will upon the people.  I for one am urging my Conservative representative in Washington, D.C. to hold the line against the Obama edicts.  We are still a Republic, we still have a Constitutional system.  We are not Obama's, Reid's or Pelosi's loyal subjects.  It would be most advantageous that we keep it that way!!!
  I don't place 100% of the blame on Obama, or those Democrats who back him up on this Obama Care fiasco.  The fault lies squarely on the shoulders of the American people who number one, don't know that Obama Care and the Affordable Health Care Act are one in the same.  Because it's those folks who still believe in that no matter how many lies the President tells, it's okay as long as the free stuff keeps coming, they'd elect him for even a third term.  How pathetically blind our people have become! 
God help us.
Sincerely,
The Watchman          

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments about any of my posts. Your constructive criticism is always welcome.