Thursday, December 24, 2009

THE TWELFTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS


The Twelve Drummers drumming represent the twelve points of doctrine in the Apostle's Creed: 1) I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth. 2) I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord. 3) He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. 4) He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. 5) On the third day he rose again, He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. 6) He will come again to judge the living and the dead. 7) I believe in the Holy Spirit, 8) the holy catholic Church, 9) the communion of saints, 10) the forgiveness of sins, 11) the resurrection of the body, 12) and life everlasting. (One needs to keep in mind that the Apostle's Creed, is not necessarily Divinely inspired, but created by the Catholic Church as a profession of faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour.) When I was young, the Apostle's Creed was required for memorization prior to receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation. It has been a long time since my leaving the Catholic church, and there are some things I just do not remember. If I am mistaken regarding the Apostle's Creed, someone please let me know, by leaving a comment. Since I am now Protestant, there is one thing I must still affirm, "Catholics, do consider themselves Christians." 

Merry Christmas To All My Readers!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments about any of my posts. Your constructive criticism is always welcome.